Sunday 12 June 2016

#3 - $50k Bankroll Challenge, Hello Exercise Bye-Bye Betty's and Beer, Before/After Pics

Hey guys, it's Sunday evening and I am exhausted. It's been a very busy and somewhat hectic week since beginning the move into the new house but we are finally getting settled and the place is starting to take shape nicely. I will post some pictures of house next week after our grind room is all set up.

After our poker session's finished up today we went out to have a burger. By we, I am referring to my roommate and our two girlfriends. There is a burger joint here in Rosarito called "Betty's Authentic American Hamburgers" and it is truly one of the best burgers I have ever had in my life. Not only did I want to go out in fashion before starting the week of eating no meat tomorrow, but also as a celebratory meal. Celebrating what? Lenny, my roommate, won the $109 100k Sunday Kickoff on PokerStars this morning for nearly $20,000! Congrats to him, it's always cool to be a part of someone else's big win. It also added some timely excitement to my pretty mundane day which was very welcomed. Speaking of my mundane day, check out this Sunday Million hand I played today..... it certainly wasn't a morale booster after a long morning of crappy cards, but I am now even more excited to enter a new phase tomorrow.

Sunday Million Bustout Hand: http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/19540621_E82DB1488B

On another note, I did NOT get any action for my prop bet. However, I am, in a way, happy about this. The reason is because I have changed my mind, and want to do something a little different. The correct way to name it would be a 'bankroll building challenge'. I want to showcase what it takes to go from playing the smallest tournaments online to the biggest tournaments online, documenting the entire process along the way. I am going to call it the "$50k Challenge". I will track things like my win rate at different games, variance, general post-session thoughts, game selection methods, and a lot more crucial information that most players don't consider when trying to build a bankroll or move up stakes. And for what it's worth, I am taking up to $1500 action against on this challenge as well.

Here's how it will work:

I start with $1,000, and the challenge is to get to $50,000 before I leave Mexico for Christmas back home in Texas. Here are the bankroll guidelines I will go by:

$1k-5k BR: $22 and under only

$5k-10k BR: $44 and under only

$10k-20k BR: $55 and under only

$20k-30k BR: $109 and under only

$30k-$50k BR: $320 and under only

I will play the Sunday Million every week, and buy parts of bigger games with whatever my max buy in at that time is, selling the remainder of the buy-in to investors. Because I don't have anyone betting against me yet, I can be pretty loose with the guidelines. But bankroll management and game selection are going to be things I focus a lot on and I plan to avoid making bad decisions/shot taking with the bankroll all the way through this process. I am going to create a how-to for my current and future students, so I will be diligent and will avoid doing things I would not advise my own students to do.

During my poker-playing sessions, I will be doing a lot of coaching for my new students by constantly doing live-sweats so that they can watch me in real-time and I can explain my thought process while I play. I am also considering making some videos so that all my future-students have access to the content as well. I feel this will help keep me better focused during my sessions, as well as provide a great learning vehicle for not only my students, but for me too. I will also probably have a student here in my house pretty soon, and he will get to experience all the action first-hand, as well as play the same games and move up stakes the same way. The skill set and approach needed for each level of buy-in varies significantly. I have extensive experience in all levels of the games, but none more than the $0-22 filter. I expect to have an absolute hay day on the small stake games for a couple weeks while sprinting my way up to $5k+. Game selection will be crucial with a $1k starting roll, but I have a plan to avoid going bust.

Tomorrow is a BIG day. Starting an intense exercise program, giving up meat, and going from chasing the top 100 world-wide rankings while playing high stakes tournaments to playing with a $1k bankroll at the smallest stakes and not even paying attention to rankings. I will also be playing more hours of poker, and completely eliminating alcohol for at least this week. All the pointless beers are adding up in my gut, and I want to get the best results possible. It hasn't really hit me yet, but it soon will. Everything is going to start changing tomorrow. All sorts of good things are going to happen as a result of this $50k challenge and commitment to regular, high intensity exercise. I am ready to be the best version of myself that I can possibly be, who is with me?! Ok sorry, had a moment there.

Weekly Goals:

1. Do T25 and lift weights Monday-Saturday.
2. Don't eat a bite of meat.
3. Don't consume any alcohol.
4. Play 7 days of poker, and at least 600 games.

So here we go, starting a quest to make a methodical $50k profit and get into the best shape of my life before Christmas. I have included a few relevant pictures, in order they are:

The burger I ate today, my $1k starting bankroll for tomorrow morning, my $0-22 lifetime results graph, a picture of me in college, a picture of me 6 years ago, and a picture of me today.

As you can see, I have gotten steadily softer and fatter over the years. I found a mexican girl who loves to cook and I love to eat .... it's not her fault or mine, but we are determined to stop making excuses and get into phenomenal physical shape. I always let my work/poker get in the way of staying in shape, and I am saying goodbye to those days. I also let life get in the way of work, and I plan to make changes to spend my time more productively and maximize my $EV at the poker tables as well. I will get pictures of my new grind-room and my home-gym for the next post. If you have any advice or tips regarding what to eat, what not to eat, best proteins sources disregarding meat, or anything at all, please don't hesitate to shoot me a message or comment below. And please follow me on Facebook, TiltBook and Instagram if you aren't already! Thanks for reading.












No comments:

Post a Comment